- Stunning Nile Rodgers & Chic for amazing private party in Europe, thank you!!
- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
Alvin Davis is a superb saxophonist who has worked with some of the greats - Edwin Starr, Neville Staples, Alton Ellis, Steel Pulse, classical star Nigel Kennedy and R&B artists like Jackie Graham.
He is a professional and highly regarded saxophonist who performs not just as part of great line-ups in bands but also as solo sax with backing tracks for corporate events and parties.
COMMOTION is the latest chapter in an evolving story that began when Alvin Davis first started playing Cornet in secondary school, before moving on to the saxophone which quickly became a primary instrument.
Ever since he first picked up a cornet as a 13-year-old schoolboy, in Handsworth, Birmingham. The cornet soon became a trumpet and Alvin found himself at the Euphonius School of Music (ESM), under the tutelage of veteran player Jonathan Johnson.
Graduating from the ESM with distinction, Alvin soon discovered what he had been looking for - the expressive sound of the alto saxophone, that has become his voice.
'Payin his dues' working with such Giants like Edwin Starr, Neville Staples, Alton Ellis, Steel Pulse, classical star Nigel Kennedy,and R&B artists like Jackie Graham proved an excellent training ground.
Following several years of touring, the turning point in Alvin Davis's career came after working with '80s pop chart toppers Fun Boy Three: "I started to get frustrated as a sideman, and I felt I had something to contribute so I started writing," he recalls.
An initial record deal with an independent label resulted in his 1992 solo debut "Let it Blow" A year later, Alvin Davis was licensed to Sony Records in the U.S and released the second album "Let the vibes decide". The following album, 1995's "Take Flight" was a best-seller and added more lustre to his ever-growing reputation as a masterful musician, with an identifiable style that fused funk, Reggae, R&B and jazz.
The albums reached chart heights, both getting top 10 places in R&R and Gavin , this further expanded Alvin Davis's popularity. and he soon began achieving international success, resulting in a first visit to the US.
The multi-talented saxophonist, vocalist, producer and songwriter (who wrote or co-wrote eleven tunes on the album) enthusiastically agrees that COMMOTION "is my most fully realized album. I feel I've succeeded in incorporating more of an urban flavour, 'cause musically my roots are firmly in R&B and reggae. I grew up listening to Stevie (Wonder), Earth, Wind & Fire, Grover Washington Jr., Ronnie Laws, and these days you'll find me listening to Jill Scott, D'Angelo and other neo soul artists.
Indeed, COMMOTION boasts a stellar cast of current musical stars, including songbird Lupa who provides guest vocals on the memorable cut 'Love for sale'; Bassist and solo artist Peter Reid, who can be heard on "Ghetto Child," a tune co-written by the late great Curtis Mayfield; and industry favourite Lester Davis, featured on the soulful opening cut "Try my love" and "Big time brother". Other notable contributors to Alvin davis's latest artistic triumph include pianist Steve Sheriff of the innovative Jazz team Ty's and musician/producer Gary Graham who co-wrote two tunes on the album. Alvin adds that working with renowned bassist Peter Reid on the groove-flavoured "Ghetto Child" was very special.
"I didn't try to make this record different, but it's true that it has a more intense, funkier feel to it than my previous albums. It has more of an edge, which is interesting, because I didn't plan it that way - I think that's just the way my music's evolving." Alvin davis, one of the most interesting instrumentalists to emerge on the contemporary music scene in the past decade, is waxing lyrical about COMMOTION, his latest tour-de-force, and fourth overall album.
Excited about the prospects for COMMOTION, Alvin davis says, "All I've ever tried to do was make records that I loved personally and hope that my audiences will love them too."