- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
Metropolis is a superb professional 4 - 16 piece Party & Showband with both male and female lead vocalists (who can also perform a stunning 'swing' set') formed in 2000, based in London but happy to travel anywhere.
One of our busiest and most successful bands they have entertained at many Corporate Occasions, Weddings and Parties both in the UK and internationally.
Fabulous male and female vocals, plus one of the funkiest rhythm sections around all add up to a fantastic, unforgettable occasion.
Every member of the band is an experienced and skilled professional musician in their own right, which really does show when they play - these are musicians passionate about their art!
Metropolis perform one of the slickest, non-stop, multi-era tributes to be heard in any party band. These include a 70s tribute (Earth Wind and Fire, Kool and the Gang, Jackson Five etc), and 80s tribute (Hughie Lewis and the News, Weathergirls, Bangles, Spandau Ballet etc), Mowtown /Soul (Four Tops, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin), Abba (all the favourites), Latin fever (Ricky Martin) and current (Beyonce, Justin Timberlake etc) - just to name a few.
One hundred per cent live music, infectious energy and enthusiasm, and dynamic male and female vocalists, who always react to the vibe of the crowd ensure that the sets always looks and sounds spot-on.
In addition to the non-stop dancing Metropolis can also provide an excellent lower-key tribute to some of the past and present swing vocalists - Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick Junior, Tony Bennett, and more currently, Michael Buble and Jamie Cullen.
How far does Metropolis travel? Worldwide....
Can Metropolis supply a Cocktail Pianist or any music for background etc? Yes, Metropolis can supply all aspects of live music for any event.
How long does Metropolis play? Normally, 2 x 1hr sets.
Is Metropolis insured and safety tested? Yes, Metropolis holds full public liability insurance and equipment is 'PAT' safety tested.
Does Metropolis have any specific requirements? Yes, it is customary to provide food, drinks, changing facilities, parking. More details of this are available on request or at the time of booking.
How long does Metropolis take to set up? They normally allow 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
Metropolis is one of the most versatile acts around providing the ultimate party experience. Performing as anything from a 6 to 15 piece band they often tailor bespoke shows for events with specific themes
Here are some recent events:
The Time Line:
This is a fantastic multi-era show starting off in the 1950s; then charting in chronological order the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and ending up in the '00s and beyond! This is can be split in to 3 or 4 sets each with their own individual style / costume creating a unique show which takes everything in from Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Kool And The Gang, Huey Lewis, Jamiroqui and Amy Winehouse. Perfect for anyone who has a diverse taste in music or an event with a large age range.
Another show which is great for those with eclectic tastes! The first half features the "Metropolis Mini Big Band" which faithfully recreates the sound of a big band on smaller scale using a powerful 2 to 5 piece horn section. Every tune has been rearranged by a top American arranger specifically for the band and features a collection swing classics by likes of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin... The beauty of this set is it can either be used as background music during a dinner / drinks reception or as entertainment for those who prefer more traditional dancing.
The second half of the evening is a groove based set taking in all the classic disco and funk tunes ... the perfect high energy party finish.
The 70s Experience:
Exactly as the title suggests... A trip to the Carwash or New York's Studio 54 featuring everything you would expect from the era! Dressed authentically 70s this is a nostalgic journey back to revisit The Jacksons, Stevie Wonder, Earth Wind and Fire, Chic and many, many more....
80s 80s 80s:
Brand new! A trip back to the future recreating the sounds of Madonna, Duran Duran, Whitney Houstan, Lionel Ritchie to name a few....Tight jeans and shoulder pads included as standard!
These are songs in the band's repertoire, they don't play them all at each event!
- Hold My Hand (Jess Glynne)
- Shake It Off (Taylor Swift)
- Uptown Funk (Mark Ronson)
- All About The Bass (Meghan Trainor)
- Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran)
- Rather Be (Clean Bandit)
- Happy (Pharrell Williams)
- Rude (Magic)
- All Of Me (John Legend)
- Don't You Worry Child (Swedish House Mafia)
- Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
- Wake Me Up (Avicii)
- Hall of Fame (The Script / Will.i.am)
- Locked Out of Heaven (Bruno Mars)
- Treasure (Bruno Mars)
- Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen)
- Price Tag (Jessie J)
- Domino (Jessie J)
- Dance With Me Tonight (Olly Murs)
- Someone Like You (Adele)
- Titanium (David Guetta)
- Only Love (Ben Howard)
- Forget You (Cee Lo Green)
- The Lazy Song (Bruno Mars)
- Moves Like Jagger (Maroon 5)
- California Gurls (Katie Perry, Snoop Dogg)
- Only Girl in the World (Rihanna)
- Marry You (Bruno Mars)
- Dynamite (Taio Cruz)
- Need You Now (Lady Antebellum)
- Celebration (Kool and the Gang)
- September (Earth Wind and Fire)
- December '63 - oh what a night (The Four Seasons)
- Street Life (The Crusaders)
- Lady Marmalade (Pattie Labelle)
- Carwash (Rose Royce)
- Disco Inferno (The Trammps)
- Boogie oogie oogie (A Taste Of Honey)
- Boogie Wonderland (Earth Wind and Fire)
- Good Times (Chic)
- Aint no stoppin us now (Mcfadden and Whitehead)
- He's the Greatest dancer (Sister Sledge)
- Le Freak (Chic)
- Shake your body down to the ground (The Jackson 5)
- Blame it on the boogie (The Jacksons)
- Never too much (Luther Vandross)
- Ladies night (Kool and the Gang)
- The Beat Goes on (The Whispers)
- Best of my love (The Emotions)
- Somebody else's guy (Jocelyn Brown)
- Night to remember (Shalamar)
- Gold ( Spandau Ballet)
- Relight my fire (Take That)
- Don't leave me this way (Communards)
- Power of love (Huey Lewis & The News
- Venus (Bananarama)
- Fame (Irene Cara)
- Raining Men (The Weather Girls)
- Walk like an Egyptian (The Bangles)
- Walking on sunshine (Katrina & The Waves)
- All night long (Lionel Ritchie)
- Going loco down in Acapolco (Four Tops)
- Rhythm of the night (De Barge)
- 1234 (Gloria Estefan)
- Jungle Boogie (Kool & the Gang)
- That's the way I like it (K.C. & The Sunshine Band)
- Young Hearts Break Free (Candi Staton)
- Lost In Music (Sister Sledge)
- Move On Up (Curtis Mayfield)
- Aint no mountain high enough (Aretha Franklin)
- Love Train (The O'jays)
- Reach out - i'll be there (Four Tops)
- Build me up buttercup (The Foundations)
- Respect (Aretha Franklin)
- Think (Aretha Franklin)
- Nights on Broadway (Candi Staton)
- You Should Be Dancing (Bee Gees)
- What's going on (Marvin Gaye)
- Do I Do (Stevie Wonder)
- Another Star (Stevie Wonder)
- Listen To The Music (Doobie Brothers)
- 9 Till 5 (Dolly Parton)
- Since You've Been Gone (Aretha Franklin)
- Rescue Me (Aretha Franklin)
- Hot in Here (Nellie)
- Rock your body (Justin Timberlake)
- Seniorita (Justin Timberlake)
- Crazy in Love (Beyonce)
- Love Foolosophy (Jamiroqui)
- Lady Hear Me Tonight (Mojo)
- Sing It Back (Moloko)
- Free (Ultra Nate)
- Super Duper Love (Joss Stone)
- This Love
- I feel good
- Sex Machine
- Smooth - (Santana)
- Cuba (Gibson Brothers)
- Copacabanna (Barry Manilow)
- Feeling hot hot hot (Buster Poindexter)
- I Wish
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered
- Mister Magic
- In the Stone (EWF)
- Thriller (MJ)
- Play that funky music (Wild Cherry)
- Dancing on the Ceiling (Lionel Richie)
- As (Stevie Wonder)
- Midnight At the Oasis (Brand New Heavies)
- Let's Dance (David Bowie)
- Don't You Worry About A Thing (Stevie Wonder)
- Give Me The Night - George Benson
- Back To My Roots - Odyssey
- Easy Lover (Phil Collins)
- Ain't Nobody (Chaka Khan)
- We Are Family (Sister Sledge)
- Thinking of you (Chic)
- I'm coming out (Diana Ross
- Lets stay together (Al Green
- Just The Two Of Us (Grover Wahington Jr
- Your Song (Elton John
- You've got a friend (James Taylor
- If I ain't got you - Alicia Keys
- Natural Woman - Carol King
- Love TKO - Teddy Pendergrass
- Easy - Lionel Ritchie
- Pick Up The Pieces
- Mister Magic
Lets Stay Together (Al Green)
Just The Two Of Us (Grover Wahington Jr)
Your Song (Elton John)
You've Got a Friend (James Taylor)
If I Ain't Got You (Alicia Keys)
Natural Woman (Carol King)
Love TKO (Teddy Pendergrass)
Easy (Lionel Ritchie)
Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now (Starship)
Vocal Jazz / Swing Set
Come Fly With Me
The Way You Look Tonight
Do Nothing Til You Hear From Me
My Baby Just Cares For Me
I Get A Kick Out Of You
Fly Me To The Moon
New York, New York
Beyond The Sea
Ain't That A Kick In the Head
Lady is a Tramp
They Can't Take That Away From Me
It Had to be You
I've Got You Under my Skin
Have You Met Miss Jones
Mack The Knife
Don't Know Why
Thank you for all the work the band put into our Summer Ball at the Hilton on Park Lane last week. The event was a huge success and we have already received overwhelmingly positive feedback about the evening.
As you may have heard from the audience's response when the band was announced our guests delighted you were back for a second year and you certainly kept the dance floor busy once again. The music really is a key element of functions like this one and Metropolis undoubtedly made a major contribution to the success of the evening.
Ukinbound, Hilton Park Lane, London.
This is just a brief note to thank the Metropolis band members for their excellent performance at the NASC Dinner Dance at the Prague Hilton last Friday.
Those who attended were full of praise for the event. As you know the role of the band is vital to a successful evening and this one was no exception. In view of the success of the 2 event I would like to take the opportunity to ask whether Metropolis would be available to play at the corresponding event in Brighton next year?
Many thanks again to the members of the band for all the hard work leading up to the event.
NASC, Prague Hilton.
Metropolis have twice provided the entertainment for our very successful Charity Ball.
The feedback on both occasions was absolutely fantastic. This is a massively talented band which will complement any event, and get everyone on the dancefloor.
I certainly would have no hesitation in working with them in the future"
Dawn Coulton - Volunteer Fundraiser Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity
We don't know how to express our THANK-YOUS to you all!
You made the celebration of our marriage just amazing. Everyone commented on you; from your presentation, professionalism, talent and friendliness. We loved it all!
Thank you again, Nige & Lou Corrigan
Ps We'll definitely be booking you in the future!
We just wanted to write and thank you for helping to make our wedding day such a special one! The band was absolutely fantastic!
From the first point of contact we had with you the service has be amazing, and any questions or problems were dealt with quickly, efficiently and professionally.
Everyone in the band looked great on the day and we wanted to let you know we think all of you are very talented musicians and wish you all the best in the future.
Danny and Casey Eldridge.