- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
A truly superb artist and a dynamic and exciting singer, Roy Forbes just seems to get better and better if that is possible!
One of our most popular artists, Roy seems to get re-booked for so many events as not is he an amazing jazz singer who can supply smooth and mellow background music from Gershwin to Sinatra, Dean Martin and Nat King Cole but when the mood changes he can also turn up the heat and perform some superb Soul Classics to get the floor jumpin'.
Roy Forbes is a superb Jazz and Soul Singer. For many years he was the singer with legendary Jamaican saxophonist Andy Hamilton and his band the Blue Notes. Roy sang on their album entitled "Jamaica By Night".
Since leaving to pursue his own career, he has produced three albums "Going Home","Telma" and "Last Orders" (sample tracks on this page)
Roy also recorded live at 'Jazz Café', London and at The Stables Theatre, Wavendon for BBC Radio.
As well as being nominated for the UK's best Jazz Singer Roy has fronted (and still does) some fabulous soul bands performing some of the greatest soul classics.
He performed at numerous international Jazz festivals, including: Brecon Jazz Festival, Cork Jazz Festival, Greenwich Festival, Soho Jazz Festival, The Madia (Milan), St Lucia Jazz Festival and at countless other venues nationally and internationally including the legendary 'Ronnie Scott's' in London.
As well as contemporary jazz classics Roy's repertoire covers some Soul and Reggae standards such as:-
I feel Good, Stand By Me, Moondance, Mustang Sally, Midnight Hour, Billy Jean and more.
Although Roy can perform solo with backing tracks this is quite rare and he really does prefer being backed by his regular and stunning musicians.
The most popular line up is a 5 piece with piano, bass, drums and sax and having the full quintet does mean a fuller sound and a much wider repertoire.
However Roy is also happy to perform as a duo with piano, to that you can add a double bass or sax, or both and then finally drums.
An example of Roy's Jazz classics -
His jazz repertoire includes many from Michael Bublé, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole and many of the jazz greats and jazz standards including..
- Our Love is Here to Stay
- There will never Be Another You
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square
- It's Easy to Remember
- You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
- Body and Soul
- The Nearness of You
- You Are Too Beautiful
- Give Me The Night
- Watermelon Man
- Easy Living
- But Not For Me
- Round Midnight
- On Green Dolphin Street
- When I Fall In Love
- The Very Thought Of You
- Too Young
- Let's Fall In Love
- It's All In The Game
- Let There Be Love
- Walking My Baby Back Home
- Somewhere Along The Way
An example of Roy's Soul classics -
Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Let's Groove Tonight
Move On Up
Get Down Saturday Night
Get Down Tonight
That's The Way I Like It
Play That Funky Music
You Can Leave Your Hat On
Hold On I'm Comin'
Knock On Wood
I Can't Turn You Loose
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Me And Mrs Jones
Let's Stay Together
(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
I Got You (I Feel Good)
Land Of A 1000 Dances
Everybody (Needs Somebody)
Try A Little Tenderness
Shake A Tailfeather
Unchain My Heart
Sweet Soul Music
Take Me To The River
Hard To Handle
Let The Good Times Roll
Gimme Some Lovin'
Sweet Home Chicago
She Caught the Katy
Stand By Me
Roy and his band were fantastic for our event at Heron Tower. The client was delighted and they judged the guests perfectly and just suited the ambience we were after. Please thank them again and we will be back for more!
Best wishes Alex. Corporate client. London.
Absolutely fantastic!! Thank you so very much for all your efforts with the entertainment for our wedding at Charlecote Park. The day was a tremendous success - everything went perfectly to plan and was everything we had both always wanted.
Indeed, please pass on a massive thank you to Roy Forbes and his Band for setting the perfect atmosphere throughout the day. Every one of our guests fell in love with them! Throughout the day and dinner, they played beautiful music, and just as we sat down to eat, Roy sang our two favourite songs of all time - The Girl from Ipanema and The Lady is a Tramp - perfect timing! Also, please pass on our sincere thanks to Roger for a wonderful disco, it was a tribute to his skills that every single guest was dancing at some point during the evening.
Apologies for the delay in writing, but trying to come back down to earth after such a wonderful day and fantastic honeymoon, we're sure you will appreciate, has been quite difficult.
It would be very much appreciated if you could send us Roy's details for us to monitor his performances and maybe attend one or two in the Midlands. Also, could you please let us know whether he has a CD available - so many of our family have asked us for a copy following our successful day, the Royalties could be quite profitable!
Many thanks once again.
Dewi & Rachel ab Lorwerth
Thank you so much for recommending The Roy Forbes Quintet - he made our events at the ICC so memorable we have booked him for the past 2 years. Fantastic feedback every year from all guests. Thanks again for the jazz, soul and smiling faces! Sandra - corporate
Hi all at Classique, what can I say about our party - Roy was absolutely perfect, just ticked every box for us. The band were great too and they played some lovely background during dinner, then Roy sung some of my wife's favourite swing numbers from Nat King Cole and Sinatra and then the whole room was up and dancing to Mustang Sally! Fantastic! Couldn't recommend him highly enough. Great 40th, we'll book him again for Jenny's 50th! All the best, Graham.
Wedding - Simon and Amanda
A big thank you for organising our music for our wedding at Hagley Hall last September. We were so pleased with the Roy Forbes Quintet, his music just created the perfect mood for us, starting gently and then the floor didn't seem to empty all night. Also thank you so much to the Con Spirito String Quartet - although they have played with Il Divo there wasn't a diva amongst them! Wonderful background music and such lovely people. We've enclosed thank you notes for each of them. Many thanks again, Simon and Amanda.