- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
From their leading position in the 80s' Brit-Funk scene, Shakatak continue to record and tour internationally with their unique keyboard/vocal contemporary mix.
Shakatak have enjoyed a level of success and a career longevity rarely paralleled in contemporary music - but then Shakatak are a particularly unusual group.
Because of the nature of the music, their fan base is one that is very far reaching while always retaining it's "underground" element. This paradox sees the band, who are known primarily as serious jazz / funk musicians, enjoying both high 'cult' status and instant recognition as a household name.
Having already garnered massive commercial achievements in the UK, Shakatak went on to score unprecedented successes both in Japan (for which demand dictated that they produced exclusive albums every year) in the USA and Germany.
Their music simply refuses to be catergorised, a fact that has enabled them to share Festival billings with such diverse artists as Gloria Estafan (Tokyo), Dizzy Gillespie (Capital Jazz, London), Duran Duran (Montreux), and even U2 (Nuremberg).
The band are still busy with touring and performing for festivals and parties all over the world.
April 2013 saw the release of a new CD “Once Upon A Time – the Acoustic Sessions” on JVC Records and there were numerous UK dates with concerts in Keiv and tours of Japan in July and Germany in October.
In 2014 the band released the CD “On The Corner” and toured in Mexico for the first time. There were various other tours around the world.
Their 2015 diary was full most of the year, and 2016 has many dates already confirmed both in the UK and internationally.
Throughout their 31 year career Shakatak have released over 50 CDs plus 3 DVDs and most of the band’s extensive back catalogue is now available world-wide on iTunes.
For live performances the band consists of the four original members Bill Sharpe (keys), Jill Saward (lead voc, perc & flt), Roger Odell (drs) & George Anderson (bs gtr), augmented with a guitarist and a backing vocalist/saxophonist, producing a musically dynamic and entertaining show from the 6 piece line-up.
Some of their biggest tracks -
- Living in the UK
- Easier Said Than Done
- Night Birds
- Out Of This World
- Down On The Street
- Don't Blame It On Love
- Watching You
- Day By Day
- Dark Is The Night
- You'll Never Know
- Holding On
- Mr Manic and Sister Cool
- Walk The Walk
- Something Special
- Turn The Music Up
- Back To The Groove
- Bitter Sweet
"This music still glows as brightly as that first hearing...Shakatak aren't just a band, they were the soundtrack to our lives"
RONNIE SCOTT'S House Magazine (UK)
"A wild diversity seldom found anymore... tons of rhythmic and stylistic variety...slamming"
JAZZIZ Magazine (USA)