- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu knocked it out of the park for recent Awards for 1000 guests, amazing!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen superb for Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
Gregory Porter released his debut album, Water, in 2010 via Motéma Music, and it was nominated for Best Jazz Vocal album at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards.
His second album, Be Good, was released on Valentine’s Day 2012 – the title track was also nominated for Best Traditional R&B Performance at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards.
His “hybrid” of jazz, blues, gospel and soul comes from his roots in Bakersfield. While it’s an epicentre of country music, its mostly migrated population – from Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi –also brought with it gospel, blues, rhythm and blues, jazz and soul.
He won a Grammy in 2014, with third album Liquid Spirit (Blue Note Records) taking the gong for Best Jazz Vocal Album.
Liquid Spirit was a huge success worldwide, charting within the top 20 of the UK album charts, top 10 in Germany and The Netherlands and cracked the top 200 in the US.
In 2016 Grammy award-winning Gregory Porter returned with his 4th album, Take Me to the Alley, the much-anticipated follow-up to his 2013 Platinum album Liquid Spirit. The coolest guy in music, the album features a reworked version of ‘Holding On’, the track Gregory co-wrote with electronic act Disclosure, as well as autobiographical songs including ‘Don’t Lose Your Steam’ and title track ‘Take Me To The Alley’, both written with his family in mind.
Some live reviews from his concerts...
"Gregory didn't disappoint. From the opening he wowed the crowd. His band crackled with talent. Two horns were just mesmerizing and the pianist was on his game. Bass and drums seemed to have a telepathic link, they were on it. Can't wait until he's here again and I can't wait for the new album. Gregory has the stage presence of a superstar but I bet he's an amazing guy to chat with."
"Spectacularly outstanding does not begin to describe the vocal talents of Mr. Porter!!! I felt as those I was listening to a recording, he was so spot on. And his band was stellar!!! I cannot wait for them to return!!"
"Gregory Porter is simply phenomenal to see live! His music really comes alive when he's on stage. He has such great passion and emotion in his music. It's a pleasure to watch him and his band perform."
"Gregory Porter has a fantastic, smooth voice, perfect for singing jazz music, and performs with a very large instrumental group so seeing him in concert is almost like seeing a symphony orchestra perform. His music is soulful, yet sedate, harmonic and relaxing.
He has, of course, the traditional jazz instrumentation like the piano, brass instruments and saxophone, but his addition of other instruments like flutes, guitars, violins and a variety of percussion give his music a fuller, more complex sound and at least for me, the vocals help to keep me engaged and punctuate the music so I notice the subtle differences in each verse, the voices of the different instruments rising up at different times throughout the song, all creating a wonderful performance well worth your time in going in person.
I would gladly take the opportunity to see Gregory Porter again in concert, and he is well deserving of the Grammy he won for best jazz vocal album."